RISEBA University of Applied Sciences offers to use
- state guaranteed study and / or student loans from AS “Swedbank”
- commercial loan (in cooperation with AS “SEB banka”
Study loan – a loan to students from the funds of a credit institution with a guarantee provided on behalf of the state to cover the cost of studying in an accredited and licensed study programme.
- Both EU/EEA citizens and non-citizens and permanent residents of the European community who have a valid residence permit to study in study programmes of Latvian accredited and licensed universities can apply for loan.
- Students enrolled in both full-time and part-time studies can apply for a study loan
- You can apply for a loan both at the start of your studies and later in your studies
- Study loans do not require a personal guarantee
- One study loan may be granted at a time for the same study programme
- The amount of the study loan does not exceed the tuition fee set by the university
- The study loan is transferred to the university’s current account twice a year (in September and March)
- Repayment of the study loan must start from the 12th month after the completion of studies or from the 3rd month after the interruption of studies. The loan must be repaid within 10 years from the starting date of repayment if the amount of the loan does not exceed EUR 20 000 on the first day of repayment. If the amount of the loan at the start of repayment is higher than EUR 20 000, the loan must be repaid within 15 years from the start of repayment.
- The interest on the study loan must be paid from the 12th month after the completion of studies or from the month following the end of studies
What is the application process for a study loan with a state guarantee at RISEBA?
- You need to sign a study agreement The first tuition fee payment or an application for matriculation without the first tuition fee payment must be made in order for RISEBA to matriculate the student and enter the data in the State Education Information System (VIIS)
- Wait for a message from RISEBA University about matriculation of the student in the chosen study programme and data entry in the VIIS system
- Fill in the loan application form on Swedbank website
- If the loan application is approved, sign the loan agreement with Swedbank.
- If the loan application is rejected, the student must pay the tuition fees from personal funds and immediately contact the RISEBA University Customer Service Centre at [email protected] or call +371 26465351
Student loan – a loan from a credit institution with a state guarantee to cover a student’s daily needs.
You can apply for a student loan on Swedbank’s website after signing a study agreement and matriculation in an accredited and licensed study programme.
- Students enrolled in both full-time and part-time studies can apply for a student loan
- No personal guarantee required
- The maximum loan amount per student per month is EUR 350, which is credited to the student’s current account on the 15th of each month for 10 months of the year (except July and August)
- One student loan may be granted at a time during the same study programme
Commercial loan (SEB Bank) – a commercial loan is a loan from a credit institution, without a government guarantee, to cover the cost of your studies. Both full-time and part-time students in accredited and licensed study programmes can apply for a commercial loan on SEB banka’s website. The commercial loan is disbursed 2 times a year to the university’s current account.