The institution of higher education shall promote scientific research and creative activities of teaching staff and researchers:
- Activities of RISEBA teachers as experts of the Latvian Science Council;
- conducting and reviewing promotions, including outside RISEBA;
- the management or participation of scientific and academic creative commissions or collegiate institutions in their activities, including outside RISEBA;
- the management or participation of the Conference Organization Commission;
- management or participation in the activities of the College for the Editorial of Scientific publications;
- management or participation in the activities of associations (scientific, academic, professional, creative);
- activities in the mass media promoting the results of scientific research.
RISEBA has three councils that contribute to the implementation of scientific research:
- The RISEBA Scientific Council,
- The RISEBA Council of Promotion for Economics and Entrepreneurship; and
- RISEBA, BA School of Business and Finance and Ventspils University College Joint Council of Professors in Economics and Business, including Business Management Science.
The councils are composed of professors and experts from RISEBA and other universities.