How do I apply for online studies?
Apply for studies
- See the general rules for admission to undergraduate studies
- Find out what the undergraduate studies offer, what the admission requirements are and whether you need to take entrance exams for your chosen programme.
- If you have received your secondary education abroad, you shall submit a copy of your education document, showing the original, and attach a certificate issued by the Academic Information Centre (www.aic.lv) stating which degree or diploma awarded in Latvia corresponds to the educational document you have received abroad.
- When registering for undergraduate or higher level part-time distance learning studies while abroad, use my.riseba.lv (RIS) and attach notarised copies of educational documents (by filling in the online application form in advance) or present the original documents to the RISEBA representative via video call and follow and comply with all instructions and requests of the RISEBA representative regarding document authentication.
- a copy of the proof of previous education (original) / proof can be provided upon receipt of the document after graduation;
- a portrait photo in a size appropriate to the document format;
- a curriculum vitae (CV) – only for the candidates for the master’s programme;
- registration fee (payment order from online bank):
- for Latvian citizens of EUR 40,
- for others EUR 200,
- others RISEBA Alumni EUR 50,
- Ukraine citizens EUR 40.
- a copy of your passport or ID card (original).
If the documents are submitted in person, the originals of all the above documents shall be presented, along with copies of these documents.
If the application is submitted electronically, the original documents shall be presented at the time of concluding the agreement. When applying for studies electronically, the applicant shall attach scanned documents to the electronic application form (my.riseba.lv) and present the originals of all documents at the time of concluding the study agreement.
When applying for bachelor’s programmes, please note that you can submit your application before providing proof of your previous education. You can submit the supporting document once you have received it.
In order to apply for studies in the doctoral programme Media Arts and Creative Technologies, you shall:
- send the research application to the Administrative Director of Doctoral Programme, Asst. Prof. Aigars Ceplītis, [email protected];
- fill in the online application HERE.
- The doctoral dissertation research application form can be downloaded HERE or can be received by email by contacting the programme administrator.